Dr. Deepak Pillai
Consultant - Nephrologist
Language Spoken: English, Hindi, Urdu, Malayalam
Deepak Pillai currently serves as Consultant Nephrologist in Burjeel Medical City. His philosophy of medical practice is rooted in the truth that there is no higher profession than being a physician and serving the patient is akin to serving the ultimate. His goal of practice is to pursue evidence based approach in the multiple facets of renal care including kidney transplantation, renal replacement therapy, clinical nephrology and critical care nephrology. Dr. Deepak Pillai has an experience in Nephrology of over 14 years.
Dr. Deepak is interested in academic pursuit and keeps himself abreast of the updates in Nephrology by attending national and international conferences. He has a passion for teaching and firmly believes that knowledge gets its true value only when it is passed on.
Dr. Deepak aims to strive hard towards delivery of health care on a service-oriented mission and envisions holistic care to cater to the needs of the patients in a humane way.
Scope of services:
- Management of patients with acute kidney disease - produced by toxins, drugs, infections, heart disease, contrast, liver disease and so on.
- Management of patients with chronic kidney disease- anemia management, management of abnormalities of bone metabolism, management of hypertension and planning of renal replacement therapy.
- Management of patients on hemodialysis
- Continuous renal replacement therapy for treatment of acute kidney injury in the Intensive care unit
- Management of various dialysis modalities- Intermittent hemodialysis, sustained low efficiency dialysis, short daily hemodialysis and nocturnal hemodialysis
- Management of patients with vascular access
- Management of patients on peritoneal dialysis
- Plasma exchange therapy for renal conditions - patients with pulmonary renal syndromes, vasculitis, catastrophic antiphospholipid syndromes, thrombotic microangiopathy and non renal conditions- hypertriglyceridemia induced pancreatitis, myesthenic crises and so on.
- Management of transplant patients
- Acid base, electrolytes and critical care nephrology
- Management of patients with glomerular diseases manifesting as acute kidney injury, nephrotic syndrome, nephritic syndrome, proteinuria, hematuria and so on.
- Management of manifestations of systemic diseases on the kidney - lupus, vasculitis, diabetes mellitus ,systemic hypertension, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis and others.
- Renal biopsy as a diagnostic tool in kidney diseases.
- Management of disorders of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus metabolism.
- Medical management of patients with kidney stones.
- Management of urinary tract infections and prevention of recurrence
- Management of patients with kidney failure secondary to heart failure and liver failure
- Management of drug overdose and poison ingestion.