Here in Paediatric Infectious Diseases, we provide assessments and aide in the management of neonates, children, and adolescents under the age of 19 years with infectious diseases. Guiding on appropriate laboratory tests, radiographical evaluations, diagnosis, antimicrobials, and clinical treatment. We provide consultative services, ongoing inpatient visits, and outpatient care clinics.
- Post Coronavirus ( COVID -19) Infections
- Post Coronavirus ( COVID -19) related disorders. Collaboration with multidisciplinary care. E.g -Rehabilitation, Neurology, Cardiology, Psychology
- Infections Associated with Hospitalization ( General/ Critical Care) and Medical/Surgical Devices
- Infections associated with long term facilities
- Vaccines and destination-specific travel advice
- Surgical Site Infections
- Infections of the Fetus and Newborn
- Bone and Joint Infections- Osteomyelitis, Infectious and Inflammatory Arthritis, Diskitis, Transient Synovitis
- Infections of the Oral Cavity
- Infections Related to the Upper and Middle Airway
- Otitis Media, Otitis Externa and Necrotizing Otitis Externa, Mastoiditis, Sinusitis Bronchiolitis, Acute Pneumonia, Persistent and Recurrent Pneumonia
- Cardiac and Vascular Infections
- Central Nervous System Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections, Renal Abscess and Other Complex Renal Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Skin and Mucous Membrane Infections and Inguinal Lymphadenopathy, Urethritis,
- Vulvovaginitis, and Cervicitis. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Epididymitis, Orchitis, and Prostatitis
- Gastrointestinal Tract Infections
- Enteric Diseases Transmitted through Food, Water, and Zoonotic Exposures
- Intra-Abdominal Infections
- Superficial and Deep Bacterial Skin and Soft Tissue Infections and Cellulitis
- Eye Infections- Conjunctivitis in the newborn and beyond, Infective Keratitis, Uveitis, Retinitis, and Chorioretinitis, Endophthalmitis, Periorbital and Orbital Infections
- Prolonged, Recurrent and Periodic Fever Syndromes
- Lymphadenopathy, Lymphadenitis and Lymphangitis
- Infections in Solid Organ Transplant and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Infections in patients with Cancer
- Evaluation of the patient with Suspected Immunodeficiency
- Infectious Complications of Antibody and Complement Deficiencies
- Infectious Complications of Dysfunction or Deficiency of Polymorphonuclear and Mononuclear Phagocytes and Cell-Mediated Immunity
- Infections Associated with Group Childcare, Refugee, and Internationally Adopted Children
- Infection following Trauma and Burns.
- Infectious Diseases in Child Abuse
- Infection following Human and Animal Bites
- Tick related infections/ Lyme Disease
Infectious Diseases Partnerships
Infection Control:As part of the Infection Control Committee, we work with Infection control managers and nurses in creating, implementing, tracking and combating infections in hospital patients and staff. Through effective and efficient procedures and policies of epidemiology and public health practices, we strive to create a safe environment for our patients and improve outcomes.
Antimicrobial Stewardship Program:We have a multidisciplinary team who oversees the utilization of antimicrobials. With the goal to educate staff about the usefulness in appropriate antibiotics, reduction in antimicrobial resistance and patient harm both at a hospital level and nationally, and eventually improve patient care.
Quality:We work with Quality leaders in improving the quality of patient care, through creation of data surveillance frameworks, submission of key index indicators and implementation of quality metrics.
Laboratory Medicine:We partner with professionals in Laboratory medicine to better understand test utilization and changing standards/ guidelines for detection and treatment of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Along with Microbiology, we help physicians make better drug choices, utilizing our yearly antibiogram, latest international and national guidelines and expert reviews.
Vaccination: We review and implement the latest vaccination guidelines for both immunocompetent and immunocompromised patients.
Data Management:We work with Information Technology in improving clinical practices with relation to infectious diseases, antimicrobial utilization and patient outcomes.
Clinical Research:We support National programs studying Infectious Diseases, Antimicrobial Resistance and Stewardship.